An endowment is a restricted gift to OTS, which accumulates interest annually. A percentage of the interest is spent each year on the stated purpose of the gift, with the principal remaining intact. The OTS fellowship program, education program, and field stations provide excellent opportunities for supporting existing endowments or establishing a new endowment.
Station endowments are critical to the operations of the three OTS Research Stations in Costa Rica and the newest station in Skukuza within Kruger National Park, South Africa. Naming opportunities exist. Please contact the Development office for more details.
- La Selva Endowment in celebration of the Station’s 50th anniversary in 2018.
- Las Cruces and the Wilson Botanical Garden Endowment
- Palo Verde Endowment – operational support for the station within Palo Verde National Park.
- Skukuza Leadership Center Endowment in Kruger National Park, South Africa
Established Undergraduate Scholarship Endowments
Established Graduate Scholarships Endowments
- Jay Savage and Rebecca Papendick Scholarship Fund
- Donald E. Stone Memorial Graduate Scholarship Endowment
- Joan Slatkin Barton Scholarship Fund
- The Rowe Family Scholarship Fund
- The Andrew Starrett Memorial Scholarship Fund
- The Luis Diego Gomez Scholarship Endowment in Tropical Biology
Graduate Endowed Research Fellowships
- Donald & Beverly Stone Fellowship
- Francis J. Bossuyt Fellowship
- William L. Brown Fellowships
- David and Deborah Clark Fellowship
- Rexford Daubenmire Fellowships
- Dole Food Fellowships
- Emily P. Foster Fellowships
- Hovore-Horn Fellowships
- Lillian and Murray Slatkin Fellowships
- F. Christian and Betty Thompson Fellowship
- Christiane and Christopher Tyson Fellowships
- Thomas Bishop Binoculars and Scientific Equipment Endowment